My Shop on Spoonflower

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Day 2 of #SpoonChallenge: Mountains



Day 2 of  the SpoonChallenge is mountains.  I just have to walk a few steps down my road to see the Wichita Mountains to the west.  In the winter, when the leaves are off the trees, I can see the range from our front yard.  The Wichita Mountains are ancient.  Worn down by time, winds, and the movement of the earth’s surface, the mountains are now lying almost on their sides. I think they are tired!  The Rockies are babies compared to the Wichitas. The Wichitas have a weathered beauty.    Depending on the season of the year, the light of the day, the humidity in the air, the silhouette of the Wichitas changes.  The range is loveliest, I think, when it’s a clear winter’s morning.  Then it appears a deep beautiful blue.

If you are interested in reading more about the Wichitas, this link will take you there:  Wichita Mountains on Wikipedia

No comments:

Post a Comment