My Shop on Spoonflower

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Can I do this?

My last post was in December 2012.   There is that saying, "Life is what happens when you're making other plans."  During this time, I continued to make designs and grow my Spoonflower shop while dealing with the events that life dealt me.   Writing went by the wayside.

So, as my kick-off entry to get me back to posting on this blog, I've chosen Spoonflower's challenge for this month.  It's 30 days of drawing and sketching.  Each day Spoonflower will send a prompt and participants will answer that prompt by doing a quick sketch and posting it to their favorite social media spot.  I'm posting mine to Flickr and I confess that this morning, much time was spent researching "#" and why does it exist?  I'm old.  That's what I do.  So, this whole deal is a challenge for me. Can I do a doodle everyday?  Can I remember to "#" it?

The prompt yesterday was "cactus."  Below are my 2 quick drawings of cacti.  I emphasize quick because while I was sketching, a new hot water heater was being hauled through the house and the old one removed.  For about 90 minutes, the house was filled with the clanging and banging of installation, enhanced by the constant yelping of our dog, Buster, locked up in the bedroom (so he wouldn't bother the plumbers.)



Not saying this is going to be pretty!  Just saying it's an exercise to get me back in the swing of things! 



No comments:

Post a Comment