My Shop on Spoonflower

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

When Dinosaurs Invented Flowers


One of the best things about being a parent is that one gets to revisit childhood through our children.  It's really a gift to get to be a parent and an even bigger gift to be a grandparent.  When my son was small, dinosaurs were a big part of his life.  In the 1980s and early 1990s, the dinosaurs experienced a resurgence in popularity.  A museum sponsored a contest for artwork depicting or inspired by dinosaurs.  There was a category for adults so I thought I'd try my hand.  Above is a crop of my larger piece, "When Dinosaurs Invented Flowers."  The piece is created from handmade paper made from cotton linter.

The fabric design I created from this part of my artwork can be seen on Spoonflower and is available for sale through my shop, Summersgaze on Spoonflower.

No comments:

Post a Comment