My Shop on Spoonflower

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

The Bees' Knees

So I've begun working on a new fabric collection on Spoonflower.  The collection is based on a series of photographs and artwork I've created over the years having to do with the venerable honey bee.  For several years, my husband had several hives of honey bees.  I've broken my foot while being chased by honey bees.  I've been known to throw pots and pans at angry honey bees (which did no one any good at all except make me look ridiculous!)

Below is a picture of my husband harvesting the honey.




I call my collection "The Bees' Knees."  I used to hear my grandparents say that phrase.  I never knew what it meant though.  I just did a Google search and it means "of the highest quality."   And I just thought it sounded funny.

Here is one design I'm still working with.  I manipulated a photograph of a sunflower with two honey bees on it.   I think it looks like a glass ready for some iced tea.  (It's still a work in progress.)



No comments:

Post a Comment