My Shop on Spoonflower

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Regrets . . . I've had a few.

One thing I've learned since trying my hand at designing my own fabric is that what looks good on the computer might not look good on fabric.  My main problem has been that, sometimes, the image I upload has been too large, thus affecting the design.  The optimal pixels for a design  on Spoonflower is 150 pixels.

Yesterday, as I went through my Kaleidoscope collection, trying to decide which designs I wanted to put on the Spoonflower Marketplace, I noticed that some of the designs were rather large.  I logged onto Spoonflower and checked the sizes of the images that I didn't think look very good.  I created a new collection called "Regrets . . . I've Had a Few" and spent the afternoon cropping my images down and reworking them so that they would look better as fabric designs.  When I've completed that task, I'll order a sampling of my "Regrets . . . I've Had a Few" collection to see if the design swatches measure up to what I am seeing on the computer screen.

These are the designs that did pass my inspection and that are now shown on the Spoonflower Marketplace:

Kaleidoscope Collection at Summersgaze on Spoonflower




The first photograph is of wildflowers in our front yard.  The second picture is a design I created from that image using on line photo editing tools.

No comments:

Post a Comment