My Shop on Spoonflower

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Singing the praises of my Janome Magnolia 7318

This is a collage made on PicMonkey.  In the collage are three shots of the Barney Bag, three shots of a  collection of  8x8 sample scraps that I pieced together, and one scan of a collage I did out of bleeding tissue paper.


Since the purchase of my Janome Magnolia 7318, the sewing life has become much easier.  I've gone through a series of Brothers.  It was always with trepidation that I approached my Brother sewing machine.  I've been sewing off and on since I was 10 and I had three years of Home Ec (back when it was really Home Ec) so I have sewing skills.  It's the machine end of the deal that put me off.  I have a low frustration level for all things mechanical.  Since my discovery of Spoonflower, though, I keep thinking of all the things I can make if only I can get my machine to work.

One day, while researching sewing machines, I read a review of a Singer machine on Amazon.  In the review the person wrote that rather than purchasing that particular Singer machine, she was going to get a Janome Magnolia.  What's a Janome???  I had never heard of a Janome.  White, Singer, Brother, yes. But Janome?  No.

I googled the name and found this site: sewingmachinecabinets.com.  There was the Janome Magnnolia 7318 and there was also a video demonstrating the use of the machine.  I decided to take the plunge and order it.  It was delivered in a couple of days.  The top drop in bobbin is wonderful.  Since sewing with the Janome Magnolia, I've completed several projects with nary a curse word.  I can't believe that for all these years there existed a sewing machine that I was happy to see and to use.  There are many stitch options and features on this machine and it is well worth the price.  I recommend it.  Oh, and my Brother?  It's sitting on the floor.


No comments:

Post a Comment