My Shop on Spoonflower

Friday, May 18, 2012

Kaleidoscope

Do you remember, as a child, playing with a kaleidoscope?  I loved those tubes of wonder.  Just by moving the tube around, different designs could be made with colored rocks.  In my adult years, I have continued to purchase kaleidoscopes.  I even have one kaleidoscope where the end can be removed and I can insert my own objects to view through the kaleidoscope.

On Sumo Paint, there is a feature that can be used to manipulate digital  photographs into beautiful kaleidoscope designs.

I have a collection on Spoonflower called Kaleidoscope.

One of my designs for sale in my shop on Spoonflower, SUMMERSGAZE, is called "Eye of the Chicken." This design is based on this photograph:


This is a beautiful barred rock hen.  One day she came up close to the house and I snapped this picture.  I uploaded this picture to Sumo Paint, chose the Kaleidoscope feature until I saw a pattern I liked.  I centered the Kailedoscope feature over the hen's eye.  The resulting design, with the red and black center of the hen's eye and her black and white feathers, turned out well.  

No comments:

Post a Comment