My Shop on Spoonflower

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Summersgaze in Summer 2012

Who was the person who first uttered, "Life is what happens when you are making other plans."  (Was it Paul McCartney?  Not sure.)  In between life, this is what has been going on at Summersgaze.

First, my husband and I have been in the process of repainting the tiny house.  The poor wood is so thirsty, it drinks up the paint -- pumpkin -- so it's taking more paint than we had originally planned.  Still, it is coming along.  We got the three major walls finished yesterday, with just a few touch ups remaining.  Here are some pics:

Saturday 1:  Out of paint.  The east side is done, but we still needed to finish this south side, then begin on the north.
These tiny houses are great for experimenting -- my husband wanted to try his hand at installing
solar panels.  It worked!





Saturday 2:  Out of paint again.  At least all three major sides are completed save for touching up.
The porch will be the next focus.  Since I want the porch to set everything else off, I'm still thinking
about colors.  But I do know the door will be a shade of turquoise!


No comments:

Post a Comment