My Shop on Spoonflower

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Clouds of Stars


Oklahoma summer sky




On Spoonflower one of the designers I follow asked me how I manipulated my Oklahoma summer sky photograph into Clouds of Stars which can be viewed in my Spoonflower Collection simply called Stars.

I took this photograph and loaded it into an on line photo and drawing site called Sumo Paint.  On that site, pick Filters, click and on the drop down and Distort will appear, click and more choices appear.  To get a star effect, I click on Kaleidoscope.  I sometimes use other effects before I take the photo on into Kaleidoscope.

I learned about Sumo Paint on the Spoonflower Fabric Designs Flickr group.  It's an easy to use program.  HOWEVER, within the last two weeks, I've been receiving cautionary warnings which pop up from McAfee virus protector about using this site.  I got a free app for Sumo through the Google Chrome store and put it on my Google Chrome browser.  I still get a brief warning from McAfee, but now I can access Sumo again.  I'm not sure what the issues are.  I just thought I needed to put that out there so users can be aware of this.






No comments:

Post a Comment