My Shop on Spoonflower

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Spoonflower Gift Wrap is here

Yesterday evening FedEx came rolling into the driveway.   Our cats scrambled for cover. The sheep baaaad and baaad.   Buster, our dog, barked excitedly.  So did I.  Well, that last sentence isn't true, but I was excited because I knew it was the Spoonflower gift wrap.

A wrapped birthday gift for one of my grandsons.  This design may be viewed at my shop on Spoonflower.  In addition to gift wrap, this design is also available as fabric and wallpaper.





I initially ordered four rolls of Spoonflower gift wrap.  Each roll was in a plastic sleeve inside a long square box.  The four boxes were strapped together.

In one of my previous posts, I stated I thought the gift wrap was a bit pricey, but since actually working with it, this is $15 gift wrap.  It is fairly thick and has a slight gloss to it.  Colors print well on the gift wrap.  When shopping online at Spoonflower, what one sees on the computer monitor is what one will receive. Just click on the gift wrap button and look at the preview.  The gift wrap will look exactly like the preview you see on the computer monitor.

I love paper and once I held the gift wrap in my hands, I started thinking about other things that could be done with the gift wrap.  One is limited only by the imagination.  Of course, the easiest thing to do, after wrapping a gift, is to make an envelope.  The link below will take you to my photostream on Flickr where I've posted a brief clip on how to make an envelope from Spoonflower Gift Wrap.

How to make an envelope from Spoonflower Gift Wrap

One Spoonflower designer has done a design featuring different styles of picture frames on a white background.  This kind of design on gift wrap or even wall paper brings a host of ideas to mind.  A child could use it to post his or her favorite stickers, it could even be used as a table runner at family gatherings.  People could doodle within the frames while they visit.

Another Spoonflower designer has done a beautiful design in red and gold which lends itself well to the holiday season. 

And if you want to test your children's reading abilities, see if they notice this design wrapped around their gift. 

All kinds of designs are on Spoonflower.  If you don't believe me, think of a design you would like to see on fabric and type in the word on Spoonflower's search box.  Something will come up and the design will be on fabric, wallpaper, decals, and now gift wrap.  How cool is that?


No comments:

Post a Comment