My Shop on Spoonflower

Friday, July 27, 2012

We live in exciting times!

If you grew up in the times of mimeograph machines and remember the smell of the purple ink on exams handed out by the teachers, if you remember learning shorthand to take dictation or using a Selectric typewriter, if you can remember advancing your camera's film to the next frame and letting the film roles pile up in a drawer before getting them developed, then you can relate to my view of exciting times as far as the Internet, digital photography and Spoonflower.

I still find it difficult to believe that images we create can be uploaded and reproduced on fabric.  And all the different image programs available to edit our creations is wonderful.

That I can do this

Tiny bird done with acrylics and  Q-tips




and it turns into this design on Spoonflower  is still amazing to me.  Now I just need to master the art of the seamless repeat or even better, a multi directional fabric design!

No comments:

Post a Comment