My Shop on Spoonflower

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Meditation

There is a willow tree by our red handled water pump by the kitchen door.  It planted itself and it appears to be a very intelligent tree having taken root next to a dripping water source.  I enjoy watching it change through the seasons.  In spring, its leaves take on that new green that only newly unfurled leaves can have, then the willow's leaves grow into their beautiful summer green until the blast of July.  Now my willow is losing leaves.  It isn't dormant yet but I can tell her energy is focused into just staying alive in these 100 plus degree days of high summer.

On Spoonflower there is a design I created to honor this wonderful willow. It's a photograph of the beautiful willow leaves taken into a posterized view.  On top of the leaves is a poem called "Meditation."  The companion fabric design can be seen here.  These designs are part of my "Fat Quarters Collection" on Spoonflower.

I made a pillow using two fat quarter of Spoonflower Kona cotton.

Repeat design of willow leaves for "Meditation."

Pillow made from the "Meditation" fat quarter on Spoonflower.

No comments:

Post a Comment