My Shop on Spoonflower

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Golden Lily

This morning I made two fabric designs available for sale on Spoonflower .  They are part of my Fat Quarters Collection.

The two designs started out based on a photograph like this:



It's a "shaky hand" photograph taken of the yard light down by our sheep shed.  I never intend the "shaky hands" effect.  I'm usually intent on catching some image that never comes out.  However, in working with this photograph, many colors were discovered as the "bumping" effect was used.  I really had to work with the image, though, to get the design just right.  At first, too many actual pixels showed up along the edges of my design giving it a rough edge.  I had to work to get those rough edges to disappear.  Sometimes the rough edges wouldn't be so evident on the digital image I uploaded to Spoonflower.  It wouldn't be until I ordered a proff of the design that I would see those rough edges. I wanted the "Golden Lily" to be smooth.  My plans were to size it for a fat quarter.  Eventually, I downsized the design so it would be centered on a fat quarter, rather than stretching all across the fabric.  The rough edges disappeared and the design looked like a smooth golden lily.

The Golden Lily designs can be seen here and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment