My Shop on Spoonflower

Thursday, June 18, 2015

"Shaggy Lava Lamp by Luke" on six different Spoonflower fabric swatches

One of my grandchildren spent four days with us recently.  He created a surface design using my desktop computer using Crayola Art Studio Draw & Paint with Digital Paint.  I worked with the design, creating a basic repeat from the design.  I showed him how to upload it to Spoonflower and he got to see what it would look like if printed on fabric, wallpaper or gift wrap.  He really enjoy seeing the virtual displays on Spoonflower. We ordered 6 swatches of  different Spoonflower fabrics so that he could see how each fabric surface accepted the colors in his design.  See all of my grandchildren's artwork here.

It has been interesting to watch the progression of my grandchildren's artwork.  What struck me about this design is that this grandson is moving from the literal to the abstract -- at least on this visit. :-)

Going down on the left are:

1. Faux Suede
2. Linen Cotton Canvas
3. Performance Knit

Going down on the right are:

1. Eco Canvas
2. Minky
3. Cotton Poplin

This photo was taken indoors on a cloudy day, no flash.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment