My Shop on Spoonflower

Tuesday, May 19, 2015

It's Curtains!!


Pictured above is Spoonflower cotton poplin yardage printed with Spoonflower designer Art_on_Fabric's "White and Pale Yellow Poppies on Gold." I originally posted about this design and its designer, Sylvie Heaseman, on March 19, 2015.  According to the Spoonflower Flickr group discussion, " "A Chance to help fellow designer Sylvie (Art on Fabric)," Sylvie is now in the UK and has a country to call her own.  Yea!!!

These curtains needed no embellishments -- the design stands alone beautifully.  I ordered three 2 yard segments from Spoonflower.  I hemmed around the edges, no cutting involved, and attached clips to the tops of the finished curtains.

I love to use curtains to cover more than windows.  These curtains are covering a bookshelf used for storage and the furthest curtain is serving as a divider between bedroom and bath.  I still need to stitch up one more yard to replace the curtain covering the bathroom window, then this project will be done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment