My Shop on Spoonflower

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

What attracts me to designs on Spoonflower

People are funny, yes, we are!  Some of us want everything just so -- colors must match in a pleasing manner, things must line up correctly.  Some of us don't care.  We are attracted to a specific design for no other reason other than that we like that design or the colors used in the design.  The design does not have to coordinate with anything else.  We appreciate it for what it is: creativity, art, an expression of an individual.

On Spoonflower, though, there is another reason I like specific designs.  If there is a story that goes along with the design or if that particular design has a unique name, I am hooked.  I'm a lover of words and stories.  If a designer takes the time to pick a unique name for his or her design or if there is a story that goes with the design, you've got me.

Spoonflower is full of talented designers.  What I like best about Spoonflower, though, is that if one browses through the designs and takes the time to read the specifics of each design, then maybe click on the designer's name and read what the designer wants to share about himself or herself, that knowledge adds another dimension to the design.

Spoonflower is one of the easiest web sites to use that I've come across.  There is a wonderful blog that has instructions about how to prepare files for uploading.  Rarely have I had a problem with my shop.  When I do, I shoot an email to Spoonflower and receive help within 24 hours. 

Signing up is free.  How many on-line sites are free anymore?  A designer can upload an unlimited number of designs.  There is a size limitation to the file: 40 MB, but, hey, how big does a file really need to be.

And there are weekly contests. What I like about contests is the challenge.  

Also, a designer gets a designer's discount when purchasing one's own designs.  And, now, in addition to fabric, there is wonderful wallpaper and decals.

Spoonflower -- check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment