My Shop on Spoonflower

Monday, August 20, 2012

Texture Maker

Two great things about Spoonflower is that I'm continually learning something new (like fat quarters can be used for more than just throw pillows!) and that the designers are generous with their tips and information about how to improve designs.  One designer, Phoebe, has a shop on Spoonflower which you can visit here:  http://www.spoonflower.com/profiles/feebeedee.  One day while on Spoonflower I saw that Phoebe had mentioned Texture Maker to help in making seamless repeats.  I messaged Phoebe and asked for more information.  She told me what was involved and how to get started using it.  She also gave me several tips.  Thank you so much, Phoebe.

What is nice about Texture Maker created by Reichart Software Engineering is that you can get a 30 day free trial.  When looking for it on line, do a search for Texture Maker 3.1 using the years 2012 or 2011.  There are older models out there, but Texture Maker 3 by Reichart is the most recent that I could find.  Thirty days of a free trial is a good deal.

An example of what I've done with Texture Maker so far can be viewed here:  Circus Ribbons.

So, Spoonflower -- it's really about more than fabric design!


1 comment: