My Shop on Spoonflower

Monday, February 16, 2015

Laci's and Cooper's throw pillows

When our granddaughter, Laci, was last here she went through several pieces of paper, drawing and drawing.  I really liked one of her drawings which shows a chicken (at least I think it's a chicken!).  I scanned the drawing into my computer and created a design using her drawing.   (Laci told me if anyone  purchased Spoonflower fabric with her drawing on it, I'm to give her the commission, and I said, "of course.")  The drawing was printed on Spoonflower basic cotton Ultra.  I made a simple throw pillow from a fat quarter of this design.  On the reverse side of this pillow is her latest school picture printed over and over again!  That is what is nice about Spoonflower -- flexibility.   Here is a picture of the chicken side of the throw pillow:


Laci's  younger brother, Cooper, did a hand design at school and gave it to us so I scanned in that design and through Spoonflower had this design printed on Spoonflower basic cotton Ultra.  The reverse side of the pillow has Cooper's school picture centered on the hands.  (His pillow is on the right side of this picture.)

I think everyone who is interested in drawing, painting, doodling . . . check out Spoonflower.  You will love it.  It's a wonderful outlet for creative expression, plus you get to make things out of your drawings -- it's not just a drawing -- it can become throw pillows, dresses, tops, skirts, quilts -- you are limited only by your imagination!  :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment